Saturday, August 27, 2011

Tteokbokki(떡볶이; SPICY RICECAKE )


One day a friend of mine asked me about tteokokki, which is one of my favorite Korean food. We watched some Youtube videos and talked about how the recipe of tteokokki is different in different regions. I have at least five to ten different recipes to make this myself. Once he mentioned about this, I started to think about a lot about it and finally I made one for lunch. I don't usually make it too spicy since I don't like it( can you believe it? I am a Korea and I don't like spicy food!) It was yummy and guess what? It is gluten free!

Here is the recipe:
1 tablespoon Korean chili paste
1 tablespoon Gluten free soy sauce
2 teaspoon Honey
1/2 teaspoon Sesame oil
a bit of Sesame seed

15 Rice cake
- you can get it any Asian store
2 Carrot
1/2 Zucchini
A bit of green onion
2 Garlic

1)Leave rice cake in water about half an hour. This make the rice cake tender.
2)Drain the water.
3)Chop vegetables and mince garlic.
4)Mix all the seasoning ingredient and stir it in a ball.
5)On frying pan, put a puddle of oil and sauté garlic.
6)Add rice cake and vegetables.
7)Add the sauce and mix the ingredient well.
8)Enjoy the meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment